Saturday, July 26, 2008

What Is Happening In Vietnam?



Since it's been a little while since I posted about Vietnam, I wanted to write a small update. We were told that the Vietnamese adoption officials held an important meeting on July 21st to discuss the future of adoptions in Vietnam. We haven't heard the outcome of this meeting, but it often takes weeks for any news to trickle down to us. We know that many families who were in the process of adopting from Vietnam signed a petition that was sent on to Vietnam, pleading for permission to bring their children home. For the families who already have pictures of their children, this has to be especially heartbreaking. I just can't imagine! I do pray that adoptions in Vietnam will eventually be allowed to continue because so many beautiful children there need families and so many loving parents here are waiting for their little ones to come home. No matter what Marty and I decide about our adoption in Vietnam, we would love to see this program stay open and more children to find their forever families! Did I mention that we requested twins in our paperwork in Vietnam?

No comments: