Sunday, May 4, 2008

Waiting




Last night, while I was reading one of my favorite Dr. Suess books (Oh, The Places You'll Go) to Peanut, I smiled to myself as I read through a few pages about the "waiting places" in life. It reads, "you'll be headed, I fear, toward the most useless place, The Waiting Place.....for people just waiting....waiting for a train to go or a bus to come or a plane to go, or the mail to come or the rain to go, or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow, or waiting around for a Yes or a No, or waiting for their hair to grow. Everyone is just waiting....."

I thought, "This is me!". During our journey to Maia, we've become very experienced with waiting. We don't always know who or what we're waiting for. We just know we're waiting....and waiting......Yet, we trust God that there must be a purpose in our waiintg. It can't just be time wasted. We know He must be using this opportunity to teach us, to strengthen us, and to prepare us for the next part of the journey. I think sometimes I'm too anxious to be where I may not be quite ready to go. But this place, the waiting place, is just where I need to be. And hopefully, it won't be so useless after all:)

"But those who wait on teh Lord wil find new strength. They will fly on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not grow faint."
Isaiah 40:31

No comments: