Sunday, July 11, 2010

For Shelley (And All My Bloggy World Friends)




I admit it. I'm a softie. A really, really big softie. And when I read Shelley's comment last nite on my blog, my heart just melted. I got tears in my eyes. Tears, my bloggy friends. Over a blog. Or, shall I say, the end of a blog.

I layed awake last nite and wondered why the ending of my bloggy days would bring me to tears. Of course, I am an oddly emotional sort of being. But this was different. I had thought it all through and I felt good about my decision.

But then there was Shelley.

Darn it.

My dear friend, Shelley. It was something in her words that touched a cord in me. And I realized that ending my blog may have in some ways symbolized ending something more. A comraderie. A connection. A bond that started in the bloggy world, but came to life in China last spring when we met each other, and our children, for the very first time.


So now I'm not sure what this means. I couldn't figure it all out before I drifted off to sleep last nite. But maybe, just maybe, I'm not so ready to say goodbye. I love to write. I love to share our adventures with all of you. But I worry about the internet. I worry about sharing too much about Peanut and SuSu. I have a few ideas. A few things I could change to let Shelley and all my other dear bloggy friends see their "niece and nephew" grow up without exposing too much personal stuff that might come back later to haunt me. For now, I'm posting a little catch up post...dedicated to Aunt Shelley!

It's been a busy few weeks around here, so hang on for the ride!


We've been swimming, where SuSu insists on wearing her life vest AND the spider man floaties........





We've been visiting farms.......





And some baby cows.......






SuSu tolerates the cows, but isn't a big fan:)














We've been discovering some amazing parks, purely by accident.....





And swinging......





And swinging......





And swinging.....






And swinging.....









And, of course, visiting railroads!
















And there you have it. The latest adventures of Peanut and SuSu!

6 comments:

Jolene Powell said...

You could password protect it! I've been thinking of doing that after the summer is over.

shelley said...

Perfection....where did our LITTLE girl go? She is growing sooo fast. Peanut looks like all is right with his world too. Great job mommy.....thank you.

Jerry and Christy said...

I just wanted to let you know I have been following your blog ever since you went to China. I got your blog off of Shelly's blog. My daughter is from Wuxi, too. She was Kevin's best friend in China. My husband and I have enjoyed seeing SuSu and how she has changed. My husband especially loves SuSu's smile. Than you for letting us be a part of your journey.
Christy and Jerry

Flamingo said...

well, i've done the private blog. i hated that because no one read it because it is so hard to remember to read private ones.

start a new one using all psuedo names

or just be like me and don't post any pictures:) lol

Christi said...

I'm glad you may change your mind b/c I've enjoyed reading about your daily happenings and seeing Tristan and Susu growing up!! Please let me know what you decide to do!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't stop. I've enjoyed reading your blog and getting to know you again. However, I understand.