Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesday (on Sunday!)



I'm a bit behind on my posting without having my computer at home, but I'm still in the bloggy world as much as I can be! I wrote this post in my mind last Wednesday and saved it there 'til I had a computer handy:)

A funny thing happened to me this week. My pants got looser! I've been holding my breath for the day I could toss aside my size 14s for something a little bit smaller, and I think I'm almost there. Almost. When I look in the mirror, I can't see much of a difference. But the scale and my pants are saying so long to 12 pounds!! I'm so excited!!

This journey has been one that's been a long time coming. So many times I thought about starting and then one thing or another took my focus away. It was easy to put if off 'til next month or the New Year. But then when our friends invited us to go to the pool or I realized I had to buy new pants because my old ones were getting too tight, I knew I needed to put brussel sprouts back on my priority list. I knew that I needed to start taking time to take care of my spare tire before it took over me.

This week it's been exactly 2 months since I started WW, and it finally has become more of a habit for me now. I journal what I'm eating all day long, and feel lost without my purple notebook. It's amazing how I don't feel hungry anymore mid-morning when I used to grab a donut or something sweet with my coffee. I chew LOTS of gum to get through late afternoon cravings, and find that it's really possible to resist chocolate chip cookies at playdates!

The worst time of day for me is the evenings. What I wouldn't give to sit there with my bag of pretzels and a hunk of cheese while I'm watching the Biggest Loser. Seriously.....every once in awhile I almost say the heck with it....I need cheese! Because sometimes a girl needs cheese, right?? But then I have my trusty Peanut who always asks me that little question, "Ummm, Mom, how many points is that?". Funny thing is that he doesn't really know what the point system is all about, but he's really intrigued by it. And so, just as I'm about to grab a bag of chips, I can guarantee that somebody's gonna come wandering over and ask me about them:)

Probably the best reward of this journey so far has been how good I feel all over. I don't feel so winded going up a flight of stairs that I can't hold a conversation, and I don't have to suck it in when I pull up my pants. And sometimes, my pants actually almost fall down if I'm going too fast! I can actually get in and out of my sports bra without dislocating my shoulder, and my tango really looks like the tango. I'm even feeling tempted to do a before and after photoshoot, except that I don't have my computer back (the withdrawal has been rough!) and I'm not totally confident yet to put those before pictures on the internet! But I think maybe in another few weeks, Flamingo Mama may just have her wish. Beware...it could be scary.

I hope all of you are making your dreams a reality, too! It's been so worth it so far. The weight isn't coming off as fast as I had hoped, but it's definately coming off. Juggling kids, long hours on the job and a diet is surely proving to be interesting!

5 comments:

shelley said...

So proud of you!!!! We are working on portion control and are down about 7. Sometimes discouraging but truly worth it. Thanks for helping

emily said...

That is AWESOME Wuxi! And I miss reading your posts - I hope your computer situation gets to the point where you can blog more regularly again!

Charissa said...

That's great Heather! So happy for you! You are doing fantastic - can't wait to see photos of you in your bridesmaid dress!

TheLab said...

Cant they fix computers any faster? We're in withdraw!

But wow - how AWESOME it is to feel so much better. And all those pounds you've lost! After I had my first son, it took over a year to really look like myself again. I remember being depressed that I had to ask for such a large size for pants my mom wanted to get me for Christmas. She was like "are you SURE that's what size you are?!!?!" Ha ha ha! I've since gone down one size, and it's awesome.

Even though sizes are so not dependable. Those things differ from store to store AND they've increased the sizes over the years. I read that. They really did. So, the fact that you're feeling better and the scale says you've lost weight, that's what counts! GREAT JOB!

Flamingo said...

wow!! that is awesome!! and woo hoo!!! bikini shots are coming:)

i promise that i won't serve cookies. maybe some flaxseed or something instead.