Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesday



I think I'm starting to have blogging withdrawal! It's embarassing, but I think I might be addicted to the bloggy world. I really do miss checking in on everybody a lot. Our computer is still getting some TLC, but thanks to my Mom, I can post today from a top secret location:)

During the past two weeks we've had some incredible snows, and my camera is really overflowing with lots of videos and pictures that I'm so anxious to share with everybody. My little ones are still sledding almost every day, and even Mommy ventured down the hills once or twice! I spend a lot of time filming the fun, replacing missing hats and mittens and walking sleds back up the hills while Prince Charming keeps the kiddos on the slopes:)

And when it comes to my weight loss journey, today makes 6 weeks. I can't believe how fast that time has gone! I remember when I started thinking I'll never last a month! But today it's been 45 days, and my fear of the scale is starting to dwindle.

Today marks another big milestone on my dieting journey......my first 10 lbs gone!! My clothes are fitting a lot better lately, even though I don't feel like I can see a big difference yet in the mirror. My Prince Charming says he can definately tell that thing one and thing two are shrinking (poor guy!), but what I can't wait for is when my spare tire starts shrinking! When does that start happening?? My biggest challenge this past week was staying with my diet plan while I was snowed in at work and away from my healthy foods. Working extra shifts and incredibly long hours brings out the ravenously hungry monster in me, and I was nervous that the cafeteria food and extra snacks would get me sidetracked. But I think that all that shoveling and all that running around at work must have helped me stay on target.

One thing I have to admit that I really miss right now is eating out socially. I miss appetizers and desserts. I miss drinking soda and sharing a scrumptious basket of tortilla chips with salsa at Chilis. That stuff is so hard to pass up! It's not that we don't eat out anymore, but it's pretty rare. I think avoiding temptation is my best bet right now because I could definately be talked into the chocolate lava dessert or the bloomin' onion anyday:) My willpower is there, but it isn't all there yet.

I hope you all are keeping up with your weight loss journey! Mine is definately a slow one. One pound a week most weeks it seems. If you have any tips, please share them here! And by the way, I tried adding parmesan cheese to steamed broccoli and it was fantastic. Thank you, Awesome Cloud and Family!!

4 comments:

TheLab said...

Cant wait for you to get your computer back! We're all in Wuxi Withdrawl, too!

GREAT JOB ON THE 10 POUNDS! Thats so awesome!!!!!!! Double digits lost!!!

Lena said...

Congratulations on the loss of 10 pounds! I'm so proud of you.

Can't wait to see the snow pictures. I check your blog daily for updates :)

Jolene Powell said...

Good for you! That is inspiring. You will have yet another amazing story to tell---or blog if you choose!
Jolene

Flamingo said...

don't be embarassed...i'm completely addicted to blogging:)

10 pounds is awesome my friend! congrats!!