Today our first snow of the season swept into town, and what a beautiful day it's been! It's been snowing all day since about 8 am, and they say it will keep going 'til midnight tonight. This day was extra special, not only because it's our first snow, but also because it's the first time we got to play in the snow with SuSu! I asked her if she ever saw snow in China, and she said "A lot, Momma!". I'm thinking they probably did have a lot of snow in Wuxi since the climate is pretty close to ours, but I'm not sure if the kids ever went outside to play in or not.
SuSu's first reaction to the snow was wondering if she could eat it!! Funny, isn't it?? She was thrilled to bits when we we told her she could eat as much snow as she wanted:)
Our forecast only called for 1-2 inches, but it's about 4pm now and we have at least 4 inches outside already! The best part about that forecast is that it didn't matter how much snow came our way today because we didn't have anywhere we needed to go.
The only thing we needed to do was put on our long underwear, our snowpants and boots, our mittens and scarves, our hats and coats. Then come back inside, take it all back off. Drink hot cocoa. And repeat this again. And again.
I could take a few more wonderful days like this!
I think SuSu and Peanut could, too:)
This is our SuSu tasting the snow for the first time! Delicious, isn't it?
It was such a wet snow that SuSu's pretty pink hat quickly got soaked, so SuSu ended up in Peanut's hat and Peanut ended up in my hat:)
I'll spare you the picture of Mommy looked like a drowned rat after going hatless for just a few minutes:)
With this snow storm coming up from the south and stretching up into New England, I'm guessing a lot of you had a day of snow in your neck of the woods, too:)
I hope you all had the chance to enjoy it as much as we did!
5 comments:
I knew I would find a snow post when I checked your blog :) Beautiful pictures, especially the last one of SuSu with the snow on her tongue. Snow days, when you don't have to go anywhere, are the best kind of days to have.
The snow has been absolutely breathtaking! We went over to my parent's house today, and we could not believe how beautiful it looked on our drive over. We also decorated our tree today, and it certainly put us into a extra-Christmasy mood! Jonah played a little in it, but it was extra wet! Loved it! (I also knew you would have something posted about the snow!) :)
i loved yesterday!! of course i stayed inside baking cookies but it was fun watching the kids play!
i can't imagine they didn't have snow in wuxi...but i also can't imagine they allowed the kids to play in it. sparkles was very hesitant walking in it at first.
plus i can NOT imagine bundling up an orphange full of kids! it took me forever for just these kids! plus they were so freaked out about the kids being cold that i'm thinking snow would be considered a health danger:)
We had snow as well this week. Soooo beautiful coming down. Kevin was confused that he couldn't "keep it" it kept melting away. This is my favorite time of year. I have always begged Duane to move up north. He says he will miss me....
Gorgeous photos! Love those red cheeks on kids, just perfect. I love hearing you and Flamingo talk back and forth about Wuxi and the girls and what they did or didn't experience... I cannot imagine how wonderful it is to have someone that has experienced similar things living so close!!! And how amazing that both girls are from the same place! Wow, God is good.
Come on, more snow!
Post a Comment