
Does anybody remember this?? I know, I know......it was a LONG time ago! And for those of you new to my blog, you might be wondering what in the world this is all about! But WAY back, at the beginning of the New Year, I made THE dreaded resolution to shed those extra pounds and get back in my bikini for the summer.....my string bikini, that is:) Well, something happened just after the New Year....something aweful called "adoption stress".....something that actually makes you eat donuts....a LOT of donuts....and makes you crave anything with starch......and really wreaks havoc on your willpower to eat less......and instead makes you want to eat MORE and MORE. Yes, it happened to me. Instead of dreaming of string bikinis, I started wondering if they makes snowsuits in adult sizes!
But, wait.....this story has a happy ending! Because something ELSE happened. Something called a trip to China. And on that trip to China, a miracle happened! The string bikini dream started coming back......because the pounds magically started melting away:) When I got home, I started noticing that my pants were loose.....reallly loose. And this NEVER happens to me, and I thought I had better get on that scale with the dust bunnies all over it, under the bed. So I dug it out and lo and behold, I was down 15 pounds!! Yes, you read that right.....15! Now, believe me, no one's called me yet to model in the Victoria's Secret catalog, but I'm thinking that call could come anyday.
Now, I wish I could take credit for this. I wish I could say I was eating carrot sticks and riding my eliptical machine faithfully. But sadly, I had nothing at all to do with this. I think I owe it to that nauseaus feeling I had for over two weeks in China, and the fact that I'm so busy now with SuSu that I barely have time to eat, let alone snack. So, I figure, if I take about 4 more trips to China, I should fit in that bikini no problem! So, Amy D., you were right. Going to China does HELP you lose weight:)
4 comments:
Well, I think I can give you a few hints on HOW you can take four more trips to China. How many bedrooms do you have again? :-) Congrats on 15! AWESOME!
:) I lost 15 pounds in China, too. I have food allergies, so I pretty much ate rice and bananas for two solid weeks. Congrats on your success!
Hee Hee--I told you I was right!!! Why do you think that I planned my adoption trip next week--right at the start of swimsuit season???
Lol!! *like my "planning" had anything to do with it!!)
Congrats on the loss!! Kids will help you lose weight!! Keep em' comin'!! :-)--*the kids that is!!
Can't wait to see you guys when we return!! I will call you next week to plan a date!
Amy D. XOXOXOO
WOW Good for you that would be an extra benefit when we go to China I'll have to let you know I will keep my fingers crossed--- Kate.www.stevekate2.blogspot.com
Post a Comment