Friday, May 8, 2009

A Visitor From Wuxi



Today we had a little visitor from wuxi! Flamingo Mama and her flock,including Yao Yao from SuSu's orphanage, came for a playdate. This was the first time the girls have been together since the trip home a month ago, and it was really interesting to see their reactions to each other. SuSu was so excited from the moment she woke up today to see Yao Yao again, and she ran out the front door the minute Flamingo Mama's van pulled into the driveway. But Yao Yao seemed a bit nervous about coming inside at first, and the two didn't talk to each other nearly as much as we all thought they might. They played side by side all morning, and oh how I would have loved to know what they must have been thinking! After they went home, SuSu asked me over and over again what Yao Yao was doing. I just wonder what it was like for them to be reunited, and how much they really understand about this whole experience!

As for Flamingo Mama and I, we could have used a few more hours to chat, but it really did me good to have another adoptive Mommy to share my worries with! There are so many moments when I wonder "is this okay?" and "is this normal", and I just needed that friend who knows just what I'm talking about:) How amazing is it that we only live about 20 minutes apart, we go to the same church, and our girls will have the chance to grow up together and keep the bond they share from their past? What a blessing and a gift it is for SuSu & YaoYao, and for us as their Mommy's, to have each other!

As for our "normal" lives here on the homefront, we're all gearing up for Mommy's big return to work on Sunday (yes, on Mother's Day!). I've been doing little outings just to the store or to Peanut's school while SuSu stays with Daddy, and she's been doing better and better each time. We don't see that sense of panic in SuSu's eyes anymore when Mommy leaves, and I really think she's understanding the concept of "coming back". Of course, I havnen't been away for 12 hours like I will be on Sunday, but I'm praying that the great bond she has with Peanut and Daddy will carry her through that long day. How I wish this moment wasn't coming so quickly, but I truly doubt Mommy would ever be ready to go back to work! Thanfkully I only work two days a week for now, although they happen to be very long ones indeed:)





3 comments:

Cindy said...

The girls look sooo cute together! :) Wow, how amazing that both families have each other so close by! Everyone should be so lucky! Happy Mother's Day, Wuxi Mommy! Don't work too hard! :)

shelley said...

How great to see them together again. I wish I lived closer....Kevin could really add some boyness to the group.

a Tonggu Momma said...

I like Flamingo Mama! Glad y'all got together. We feel that way about the Fish family... and they are coming in a couple of weeks to stay for six days.