
This week was the beginning of my newest adventure.....walking with SuSu! Overall I think it's going to be a wonderful way of exercising and enjoying the great outdoors with SuSu at the same time. She was soooo excited about Mommy's stroller, and proudly tells everybody who comes in the door how she takes Mommy for walks for exercise now:)
The past two weeks have also meant a new milestone for me.....those first 20 pounds are finally gone! I'm so close now to the halfway mark (22.5 pounds), and feeling better and better as each day passes. I really can't believe that I was carrying the equivalent of four bags of sugar with me everywhere. What a difference that weight makes!
As each milestone comes and goes, I try to set a new one to help me keep going toward my ultimate goal of losing 45 pounds. If I think about those 45 pounds all at once, I get really discouraged. So, I try taking it in little pieces so the pie doesn't seem too big. One of the most difficult things about being heavy for me has been summertime. During these past few years when I've been heavier, I've minded the heat a lot more and just walking to the beach is completely exhausting. And then there's the moment when the kiddos want Mommy to come swimming, and I'm faced with the dilemma of wearing or not wearing the cherished cover-up. This summer I pray is different. Our trip to the beach is only six weeks away, and so I'm setting myself a pretty big goal. I would LOVE to lose 10 pounds before we leave on June 12th. Considering that my typical weight loss each week is between 1/2 to 1 pound, I know this is a big goal. But I think I can do it if I keep my swimsuit in my sights! No matter what happens, I know I'll feel a lot better in my own skin than I did last summer......I'm just not promising how much of my skin anybody will see:)
5 comments:
You can do it. Since you have started exercising, will your appetite increase? That seem to discourage me a bit....act accordingly and maybe add an extra piece of fruit or something. Can't wait to see pics of you at the wedding.
YOU ARE DOING GREAT.
I am so proud of you and have enjoyed following your progress. I wish I could do the same...sigh...
I definately get waaaay more hungry now that I'm exercising more, but the great thing is that weight watchers allows you to build up "activity points". This way, you can eat a little extra if you exercise more:) And, Mommy, I KNOW you can do it, too!! I never thought I could lose this much, but it's amazing how the weeks slip by and the pounds begin disappearing. Getting started was the hardest part, but once you're in the habit, it's pretty easy to keep going:)
YEA! You're doing great!
Wow! Congratulations! That is awesome and very inspiring to me too! We have started to eat healthy here and no more fast food ha! I need to start exercising now.
Post a Comment