The first time I heard the song now playing on our blog a few days ago, I was driving home from work around midnight, trying to stay awake. I turned up the radio just as this song began, and quickly felt tears rolling down my face as the beautiful words played of a mother's longing to shelter her little girl safely in her arms from the storms that may come in life. By the time I pulled into our driveway, the song was long over, but my tears kept coming. I don't know how long I just sat and sobbed and prayed for our precious Maia, as the reality of my empty arms felt almost too much to bear. As time went by, I began thinking about the miracle of the ties between this tiny child and me. How is it possible to love someone so much, to hurt for them, to want to shelter and protect them.......when we've never even met them? These feelings, as painful and difficult as they are, are a part of the miracle of this journey! Even though missing Maia is becoming nearly unbearable lately, I'm so thankful for the love God's already put in my heart for her:) If I feel this way now, how much more will I fall in love with her when we finally meet face to face! I hope you have a moment to listen to "Safe In My Arms"........it might just change your life, too:)
1 comment:
i love the song! i'm a HUGE plumb fan! it's funny because i have heard that song a million times but never listened to the words. i need to start listening so that GOd can provide me with my song. it probably will be something, "i wanna have a drink tonight";)
Post a Comment