For as long as I can remember, our summers as a family always began with a vacation in June to Stone Harbor, NJ. Even as a little girl, I hoped one day to keep our tradition going and bring my children to one of the most beautiful and peaceful places I've ever seen.
God has blessed us tremendously in allowing us to visit again this summer to the place I always feel is our second home! And we were doubly blessed to have my parents and my sister's family traveling along, too, so that all of our little ones could be together.
We were lucky to have unseasonably warm and sunny weather that took the chill off of the cool June ocean water!
And what a wonderful treat that was because our kiddos were busy, busy, busy....
Building sand castles......
And braving the crisp blue water......
Searching for all kinds of treasures.......
And finding, believe it or not, a small shark!!
Undoubtably our most exciting adventure.......finding this amazing creature swimming just along the shoreline. A bit too close for comfort for Mommy's liking, but the best thing ever for our kiddos who will probably never have an experience like that again!
Before we knew it, it was already time to say good-bye again for another year.....
But not before Peanut and I took a long evening walk together on the beach....
And watched the sun set behind the bay......
Oh, how I miss it already!
(Disclaimer....no animals were hurt during this vacation)
3 comments:
Uh oh, the shark thing is freaking me out!!!! But looks like you guys had lots of fun and have not been as scarred by the movie JAWS as I have! ;)
We're one beach over so maybe some time we can meet up for Uncle Bills! :)
Your pictures are making me jealous! Looks like you had beautiful weather and a wonderful time with your family.
Welcome Home! Great pictures from your week...thanks for sharing your adventures :)
Post a Comment