Friday, June 10, 2011

Our Maia Is Six Today!





I can't believe it, but our Maia turns SIX today!!







It also happens to be the first day of summer vacation, so there's a lot to celebrate at our house today!







As you can imagine, Maia is overjoyed to officially be a 1st grader, and Mommy is amazed that her little one is suddenly so grown up.







Seriously, how is our "baby" this tall?? She just grew like a weed this year and blossomed in her kindergarden class. She has such a love of learning and spent her first morning of the summer doing her math workbook. Really??






We are just so proud of our SuSu and how far she's come and how far we know she'll be going. She's so determined and ambitious and energetic and just enjoys every moment to the fullest. There's a joy in her eyes that I can't explain, but you will know what I mean when you see her. What a beautiful spirit God has given her and what a blessing to watch her grow!





As it has always been, her birthdays are a little bittersweet. I always feel this aching in my heart for the China Mommy who will never have the chance to hold or know her precious Maia. Her tremendous sacrifice on this day six years ago allowed us the chance to become parents once again, and we will never forget the woman who gave us the ultimate gift of a child. We love you, SuSu, all the way to the moon and back!

No comments: