Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March




In our neck of the woods, March is a rather peculiar month.

One morning you may awaken to a dusting of snow on the ground,

And a few days later you might slip on your flip flops and bask in the sunshine.

Last weekend we were greeted with the first glimpses of spring,

When our crocuses popped up to greet us.

A few mornings later, those same crocuses were covered by a light layer of fluffy snow,

A gentle reminded that although spring is coming,

Winter wasn't quite done with us yet.

March in our family is a time of celebrating,

A time of transitions and new beginnings.

Ten years ago this month, on a damp and cool Saturday afternoon, Prince Charming and I promised each other forever and ever and started our lifetime together as husband and wife.

Little did we know that eight years later, on our exact wedding day, we would again stand together and promise forever and ever, not to each other, but to our beautiful Maia.

Only God could have orchestrated such a "coincidence".

Only He could have chosen such a peculiar set of "circumstances".

Before my life with Prince Charming, March didn't hold any special meaning to me.

It was often that dreary month that we all wished away.

The month when winter was easing into spring,

When summer was just around the corner,

If one could only just hold out long enough for it.

But now I see it so differently.

It holds a special place in my heart as no other time of the year can.

March.

A month that for us brings memories of anticipation, of hope, of dreams fulfilled and excitement for what was to come.

It's funny how our perspectives have changed,

How we come into this month now with joy and celebration,

With a feeling of renewal and that little reminder that this is when it all began.

The story of "us".

March.

Yes, it's quite chilly out there today.

And I probably shouldn't put away my long underwear just yet.

But you know what?

Spring is coming.

I can feel it in the air!

And in a few short weeks, we'll be celebrating around here.

Because God has chosen to bless us,

Not just once in March,

But two times over!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so special - March IS a wonderful month for you! I'll like March better now that I know it's such a time of celebration!

shelley said...

Boy do we love March too....counting down to July!!!

Wuxi Mommy said...

I'm counting down, too, Shelley!! I still can't believe we'll all be together again!